Interaction Designer, Melbourne
Today is looking for an Interaction Designer to work on the visual, user experience and interaction design of impactful and transformational digital projects.
At Today, Interaction Designers are responsible for the form (how it looks), feel (how it moves) and function (how it works) of digital products.
We work in areas of social and environmental change, including domestic violence, gender equity, public safety and climate change. Our team of strategists, designers and technologists work together to help our partners make better policy, build digital products, design end-to-end service experiences and more.
We're looking for a designer who wants to design beyond the obvious. Someone who understands how technology and design come together to create new digital products and services. You’ll be just as comfortable mocking up prototypes to test with real people as you are designing stunning interfaces.
You will work hand-in-hand with Service Designers, Strategists and Developers to ensure that products meet the needs of users, our clients and the strategic impact we want to have.
- You may have been called a digital designer or product designer in previous roles.
- You care about how things look and how they work.
- You want to use tools like Figma, Principle, Framer, Sketch to create beautiful design systems and interactive prototypes.
- Your love of design has probably taken you beyond digital—maybe you’ve created brands, street posters, animated films; maybe you make zines in your spare time.
- You want to push the envelope of what design can do.
- Work on work with purpose. We work on big, complex challenges around people, communities and planet.
- A creative workplace that challenges the status quo and looks for new ways to tackle some of the big challenges in our world.
- Bring your whole self to work. We love working with people who bring their personality, their experience, and their uniqueness to the team.
- Respect, of you and your commitment to being here. An inclusive working environment that is warm and inspiring.
- Generous parental leave policy.
- Your birthday day off.
We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.
You must be legally able to work in Australia.