Group Account Director
- 12-month contract to cover parental leave.
- Full-time position.
- Based in Fitzroy, Melbourne, Australia.
- December 2019/January 2020 commencement.
We’re looking for an exceptional leader with a passion for making the world a better place.
We are a design and innovation company, built on purpose. We spend our days designing more inclusive systems and sustainable futures.
We are looking for an experienced Group Account Director to join our team and take the reins leading one of our four multi-disciplinary teams and client portfolios. Your days will be spent collaborating with incredibly talented, go-getting, interesting, curious, lovely and passionate people—all with a fundamental shared sense of purpose.
You will be an effective people leader, managing a team that's driven to deliver positive social and environmental impact.
As a Group Account Director at Today, you will lead engagements with key clients in your portfolio establishing meaningful partnerships, resulting in valuable societal and environmental impact. You will have extensive design and digital experience to identify the optimal way forward for our clients.
You demonstrate strategic leadership and great ability to drive organisational change through design. You should be adept of creating and driving client development plans, leading cross-functional teams to deliver impactful work and building client trust through results.
Your days will be spent:
- Leading and supporting a happy and successful team (10–15 people) that is producing impactful, best-in-class work. Your success is measured by the success of those around you.
- Managing a strong pipeline of work for both new business and existing clients.
- Transforming our clients’ organisations, by leveraging insight and ideation to solve complex challenges.
- Driving client development plans on your key accounts to identify growth opportunities.
- Delivering world-class thinking, presentations and meaningful innovation across brands, products, services, and experiences.
- Collaborating closely with our cross-disciplinary team to ensure an effective realisation of the strategic vision.
- Writing proposals, creating presentations for your clients.
- Enjoying working with a bunch of talented people who all share the same vision that we can change this world for the better.
You bring to the role:
- At least three to five years' experience leading and supporting a large team—preferably a cross-disciplinary team in an agency context. You have demonstrated excellent results in supporting and developing a team of curious, passionate, and dedicated individuals.
- A proven ability to deliver growth in revenue and repeat business by successfully building and nurturing deep client relationships.
- Experience writing proposals, managing a pipeline of proposals, with an excellent track record of winning proposals.
- Demonstrated experience communicating and delivering broad strategic initiatives to key, senior stakeholders.
- Sound understanding of various delivery methodologies such as Agency Agile, lean product development, development agile (Scrum/Kanban) etc.
- Comfort with data and performance metrics to report up to executive leadership (revenue reporting, team performance, efficiency reporting etc.).
- Passion and ability to drive social and environmental change.
Who is Today?
We’re a strategic design business, bringing together the best human-centred design and technology minds to tackle complex global and local problems. We’re founded on purpose, working across health, education, giving and public service to create greater benefit for people, communities and the planet. Day-to-day, we tackle issues such as domestic violence, gender equity, homelessness and climate change. We believe in the power of design to make change happen, at pace, and at scale.
We’re optimistic about the power of design and technology to develop and embed solutions to the interconnected challenges facing our planet right now. We’d like to work with similarly optimistic folk who are equally tenacious and deeply empathetic, with robust design thinking at the core of their design practice.
Benefits of joining the Today team
- Work on work with purpose. We work on big, complex challenges around people, communities and planet.
- A creative, open workplace culture that asks for everyone’s input and is constantly evolving. It welcomes new ideas and ways of working, and actively empowers people to help shape the business, the work we do and the impact we create.
- Truly flexible workplace to make space for and value the other important parts of your life including generous parental leave policy and your birthday day off.
- Our studio is set up to welcome clients in and develop close partnerships. This means we don’t send designers out to work client-side full time.
- Bring your whole self to work. We love working with people who bring their personality, their experience, and their uniqueness to the team.
- An inclusive working environment that is warm, inspired by purpose, and lives its values.
We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.
You must be legally able to work in Australia.
Applications close COB Wednesday, 4 December 2019.
Sound like you?