Business Assistant, Melbourne
We're looking for a go-getter to help manage our new business opportunities.
Today designs human-centric products and services for clients in the public service, health, education, sustainability and not-for-profit sectors. We pursue projects that create a positive social and environmental impact with a focus on the UN Global Goals for Sustainable Development.
As a purpose-first organisation founded to have a positive social and environmental impact, we look for people who are committed and passionate about making change happen, which sometimes means doing a lot with a little.
We’re looking for a Business Assistant who’s self-motivated, professional, a strong writer and communicator, and hungry to learn more about human centred design for social and environmental impact. This role will see you working under the direction of Today’s senior leaders to manage incoming briefs and prepare new business proposals in response to some of society’s most important problems—like the environment, clean energy, social justice, equality, and the like. This is an entry-level role, so no prior experience is necessary.
- Analysing and short-listing new business opportunities (using online tools such as tender portals)
- Managing the timelines and process for submitting responses to briefs
- Preparing assets for proposals, such as biographies, case studies, photography, and written outlines
- Collaborating with designers, technologists, strategists, and delivery teams to formulate great responses to briefs
- Supporting Delivery Leads and Producers to develop project plans
What we're looking for:
- A passion for social and environmental impact
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A propensity to be well organised and detail-oriented
- An appetite to build knowledge and understanding of how design, technology, and strategy is applied to progress big, complex problems
- An interest in human centred design, digital transformation, and design strategy
- An interest in growing into a strategy, writing, or a design focused role in the purpose sector
- A sound foundational understanding of finance and relevant Excel/Google Sheets skills
- Basic graphic design skills (i.e.layout in InDesign, cropping photos in Photoshop)
- A willingness to try new things and learn new skills
Sound like you?
Today is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.